How to find us
Ickworth Church is located in Ickworth Park, Suffolk IP29 5QE, just five minutes walk from the main National Trust and Estate car park. You can plan your journey here.
15th March to 1st November: 10am to 5pm
2nd November to 14th March: 11am to 3pm
Before you arrive
Download our free app, which gives a tour of the church and fascinating details about its 900 year history, and the people and dramatic events that have shaped it. It also contains interviews with several conservation specialists who helped restore the church in the 2012-13 works.
Admission is free. However, the church is a charity run by volunteers, and we rely on the generous donations of our visitors to support our work and keep the building open for everyone to enjoy. There is a donations box inside the church and we respectfully ask visitors to volunteer a small donation – we suggest £2 or maybe more depending on how much you enjoyed yourselves!
Access and facilities
- Ramp access
- Wheelchair accessibility to ground floor
- No dogs, but guide dogs/hearing dogs are welcome
- Family friendly – children welcome. Pushchair accessibility to ground floor
- There are no toilets at the church. Public toilets are available near the walled garden (200m away), in the main car park, and in the West Wing
- The church has a unique atmosphere with only candlelit lighting and no heating, so please wrap up warm
Parking is in the National Trust car park in Ickworth Park, about 600m from the church. A golf buggy service to and from the car park/church may be available during the summer season. There is a drop-off point for disabled visitors outside the church.